Vegan dessert that even non-vegans will love. Recipe found in VMG
You will need:
- 150g almonds
- 150g dates (pitted)
- 600ml almond milk
- 50g chia seeds
- 40g agave syrup
- 15g agar-agar
- 300ml strawberry purée
- Strawberries for decoartion (optional)
- Prepare cake baking tray. (I used a 22cm one.)
- Blend the almonds and dates into a dough-looking mass.
- Layer out the base of the baking tray with the almond-date mix (keep in mind that the base will be quite soft, so you might want to make it on a serving plate from the start).
- Put in in the frigde to set. (Until you prepare the next layer.)
- Pour the almond milk in a pot, add chia seeds and 30g agave syrup.
- Bring the mix to a boil.
- Add 10g agar-agar into the liquid mix and stir vigorously until it is completely dissolved.
- Turn off the stove and let the mixture cool down.
- Take the base layer and pour in the chia seed mix. Put it back in the fridge.
- Bring the strawberry purée to a boil together with the remaining 10g of agave syrup.
- When the mixture starts boiling add 5g agar-agar. Stir vigoroulsy until it dissolves. Take it off the stove.
- Let the strawberry mix cool down.
- Once the chia seed layer is not sticky anymore, spoon the cooled strawberry mix on top.
- Let the cake set overnight.
One cake is approximately 8 servings. Nutritional value per serving:
- 257 kcal
- 13g fat
- 3g carbohydrates
- 7g protein